Sunday, May 3, 2009

Craving for "VOEDSEL VAN NEDERLAND!"

Hello readers,

It's a mellow Sunday in New York City! It has been raining here since morning.
So, I decided to stay home after gym! (YES, I occupied myself by going to the gym regularly)
I am soooo hungry now, perhaps due to the extensive work-out that I did! but, instead of getting some foods to satisfy and fill my groaning tummy... I keep imagining the delicious taste of foods from Amsterdam.

When I went there last month, I indulged myself with (so far) the best POFFERTJES ever!, Manneken Pis fries, munchies I bought from FEBO (oui.. it was very "DE LEKKERSTE...!") and more more more foods.. I believe, I instantly gained weight for only 4 days! Hence, I go to the gym pretty often now to recuperate from food-sin! LOL..


I remember vividly as a child about my excitement whenever I ate Poffertjes! (It's one of my favorite desserts!) I grew up in Jakarta, Indonesia for more than 10 years! It's pretty common there to find Holland-y dishes since the country was colonized by Dutch for some 300 years. Below, it's Poffertjes with chocolate syrup, especially for moi! YUMMY!

AHHH.. These chuncky fries from Manneken Pis were crispy and fresh buried in Mayo with chopped Onions and Curry Sauce! At first, I was hesitating.. but ended up show some lovin'! The idea of mixing all sauces together is very peculiar for me. but HEY! food is food.. and is all GOED!


Note: I am not a food expert nor a food blogger.. I just want to point out my powerful desire for these mouthwatering grub!

Doei... Goeiedag,
'Sha

1 comment:

  1. Ik wil één of andere POFFERTJES!!

    ...i'm not sure if that's right or wrong tho, hhahaha!

    ReplyDelete